The Register-Leader, January 13, 1917
Marietta is to have a new motion picture house. It will be built to take the place of the Hippodrome theatre on Second Street.
This step on the part of the C. & M. Amusement Company, owners of the theatre, made possible by the increasing of the capitalization of the company from $35,000 to $50,000 at Columbus on Saturday.
When seen by a Register-Leader representative regarding the new theatre, Saturday, Manager Sybert stated that the plans have already been drawn up for the new house, which will be undoubtedly one of the very finest temples of amusement in the Ohio valley.
Just as soon as the weather permits, work on the new Hippodrome will commence.