The Register-Leader, January 24, 1911
Jacob Mueller Opens Factory Near His Home on Upper Third Street.
Jacob Mueller, former owner and editor of the Marietta Zeitung, has returned to his first love, and has opened a cigar factory in Marietta. Few of Mr. Mueller's acquaintances will remember that he is a cigar maker, but nevertheless he is, being one of the pioneers in that industry in this section, finally selling it to the late J. L. Lehnhard, who in turn, disposed of it to Mr. Schlicher.
For some years, Mr. Mueller has lived a retired life. The field of a German newspaper at Marietta proved unprofitable, and he closed out the business, retiring to his farm at Cornerville. Finally, he rented the farm and moved to town. Lately, time has hung heavily on his hands, and he determined to get back into business.
Accordingly, Mr. Mueller opened a shop at 1027 Third street, where he will manufacture a line of cigars and stogies, expecting to build up a profitable business. Though well up in years, Mr. Mueller is still able to do a good turn at the bench, and will devote much of his spare time to the rolling of smokes for his patrons.